Our upcoming intakes provide project-based upskilling for those who want to be a Full Stack Web Developer. You’ll learn how to create responsive, mobile-first, web applications and be a confident problem solver using code.
What will I learn to do?
By the end of this Training Scheme, you will be able to:
- analyse and select best fit solutions of existing and upcoming technologies in order to develop a technology product solution
- apply broad technical knowledge to develop a technology product solution
- apply self-directed learning and self-reflection techniques with the purpose of becoming a lifelong learner
- apply security and technology product development best practices to deliver quality outcome in the context of practice
- apply collaboration skills to work as an effective team member.
What's the workload?
All study is structured, with a combination of guided and self-directed study, so you will need to have good time management skills.
As a full-time student you should typically aim for around 30-35 hours of study per week, for each of the 12 weeks. You will be required to engage with the online resources and activities, classroom sessions with other learners, and complete assessments.
What could I study next?
After successfully completing this Training Scheme, you'll be in a great position to apply for our Certificate in Digital Technology Product Solutions (Level 5).
- Applicants must have the legal right to study in New Zealand.
- All applicants must be able to meet the NCEA Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy requirements.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- Otago Polytechnic’s policy English Language Requirements for International Learners and those for whom English is an Additional Language applies.
If English is not your first language, you must provide:
- New Zealand University Entrance, or
- Overall Academic IELTS 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5.0 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years), or
- Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS (see here for NZQA proficiency table and here for list of recognised proficiency tests).
If you need to improve your English Language skills, Otago Polytechic offer a wide range of English programmes.
Pathways into the programme
All eligible applicants will be interviewed by the admissions panel at Mission Ready to ensure they have the foundation skills required for success.
- Travel, accommodation (if required) and food costs associated with attendance at classes.
- Learners enrolled in the face-to-face option will travel to the teaching location site at their own expense.
- Broadband internet access.
- A computer or laptop device.
Please advise on your application if you do not have access to the internet or a computer/laptop. Loan devices may be made available in extenuating circumstances.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.