- There are no prerequisites for entry but a sound understanding of the English language is required.
- People with disabilities are welcome but please contact us in advance to discuss your requirements as not all venues may be suitable.
We will explore the following medical scenarios:
- Emergency situations including safe restraint of a horse,
- How to control bleeding including bandaging of wounds,
- Hands-on learning such as the spider bandage,
- How to perform a clinical examination on a horse safely.
The course is not designed to teach participants how to diagnose disease or illness, but how to apply first aid in a variety of emergency situations.
Please note: Course availability is subject to minimum numbers and participant numbers are limited to 20 per course.
Depending on numbers, this course can be delivered in a range of locations including Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.
Participants are eligible for an Otago Polytechnic Certificate of Attendance at the end of the session, which includes an open book assessment.
For more information
Please email Steph.Mann@op.ac.nz to find out more.
Please complete the short short course enrolment form and return to our Dunedin campus.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.