- Stress Management Educator
- Massage Therapist
What will this programme cover?
- Relaxation massage
- The theory of massage
- Massage practice
- Stress management
- Thermal stones
- Therapeutic massage
- Communication and customer service
- We prefer that you have a minimum of 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 (or equivalent) made up of
- at least 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 English
- at least 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 science, and
- a minimum of 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 in at least one other subject, OR
- you have relevant and current work experience (of at least two years).
- The tasks undertaken require evidence of competence in science and English, as specified above.
- Applications from mature students (over 20) are welcome.
- You will be required to submit a personal statement outlining why you wish to enter this programme and which of your personal qualities and experiences support your application.
- You will be required to take part in an interview.
- For health and safety reasons, you must declare any health conditions and hold a current first aid certificate (or be prepared to work towards one).
- Due to the online nature of the programme, you will also need to have some familiarity with the use of computers.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no band score less than 5.5.
If you don’t have the entry requirements above, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
Please note: this programme is subject to minimum numbers.
You must supply certified copies of proof of identity and proof of residency (where appropriate).
- Course-related materials such as massage tables, textbooks and a uniform will come to a maximum cost of $1,000 per year
- It is also essential that you have a home computer with a broadband connection.
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.