The tuition fees shown in the right-hand column are part of the Government’s Key Information for Students (KIS). This data is pulled from a database that the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) control. It is based on an average fee from the previous year.
This means there is always a difference between the TEC/KIS fee shown and Otago Polytechnic’s current indicative fee (other reasons also affect the KIS data such as fee reductions for students granted Recognition of Prior Learning). Due to this, the indicative fee below is the best guide for prospective students.
- Domestic fee: $7,105 though you may be eligible for Fees Free
Please note: The KIS data only applies to domestic students. Up-to-date international student fees can be found by clicking the International tab in the top right corner of this page.
- Massage therapist
- Wellness coach
What will this programme cover?
- Anatomy, physiology, models of health and wellness
- Relaxation Massage
- Therapeutic Massage
- Wellness promotion
- Stress management
- Professional ethics and an introduction to business management
- We prefer that you have a minimum of 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 (or equivalent) made up of
- at least 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 English
- at least 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 science, and
- a minimum of 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 in at least one other subject, OR
- you have relevant and current work experience (of at least two years).
- The tasks undertaken require evidence of competence in science and English, as specified above.
- Applications from mature students (over 20) are welcome.
- You will be required to submit a personal statement outlining why you wish to enter this programme and which of your personal qualities and experiences support your application.
- You will be required to take part in an interview.
- For health and safety reasons, you must declare any health conditions and hold a current first aid certificate (or be prepared to work towards one).
- Due to the online nature of the programme, you will also need to have some familiarity with the use of computers.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
International students for whom English is not a first language, who come from countries with a visa decline rate of more than 20%
- You must demonstrate English language skills with an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no band score lower than 5.5, OR
- You must demonstrate a score from an internationally-recognised test equivalent to the required IELTS level.
- This score must come from one test taken in the preceding two years.
Domestic students for whom English is not a first language and international students from countries with a visa decline rate of less than 20%
- You must demonstrate English language skills with an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no band score lower than 5.5.
- You can provide an NZQA-approved English proficiency test to do so.
If you need to improve your English, we offer a range of English language programmes.
If you don’t have the entry requirements above, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
Please note: this programme is subject to minimum numbers.
You must supply certified copies of proof of identity and proof of residency (where appropriate).
- Course-related materials such as massage tables, equipment, textbooks and a uniform will come to a maximum cost of $1,000 per year
- You also require your own laptop/tablet that are able to bring with you to class
Student loans and allowances
Student loans and allowances are for domestic students only. For information about student loans and allowances please visit the Studylink website. It is important to apply for your student loan/allowance at the same time as you apply for this programme, due to the length of time Studylink take to process. Loan/allowance applications can be cancelled at any time if you decide to withdraw your programme application or if it is unsuccessful.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.