- Online with a minimum of 40 hours compulsory work placement
- Six months full-time; one year part-time
- Level 3
- Starts February (distance full-time or part-time) or June (distance full-time)
- Apply now
Want to have an exciting career working with animals but not sure where to start? Start here! This programme is your first step if you want to enter an animal-related profession and you will learn about the health, welfare, anatomy and physiology of companion animals such as cats and dogs. Successful completion of this qualification will enable you to enter the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) (Veterinary Nursing Assistant). This programme is not available to international students.
- Dunedin or by distance with block courses
- One year full-time | Two years part-time
- Level 5
- Starts February: On campus full-time | By distance full-time or part -time; July: This intake is still to be confirmed
- Apply - applications for all Feb intakes are closed
Are you passionate about the care and welfare of animals? Graduates of this qualification will be able to work as a Veterinary Nursing Assistant alongside Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses in a clinical environment. It will also enable you to become a listed Veterinary Nursing Assistant (LVNA). This programme will prepare you for entry into the New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (Level 6) where you will gain the skills to become a fully-qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN).
- Dunedin, Wellington or by distance with block courses and 240 hours of work experience
- One year full-time on campus or by distance | Two years part-time online
- Level 6
- Starts February: On campus full-time | By distance full-time or part-time; July: By distance part-time
- Apply anytime
Do you want to be a professional Veterinary Nurse? This programme will enable you to become a fully qualified Veterinary Nurse and to enter the New Zealand Register of Veterinary Nurses. Employment opportunities are diverse and, as well as working as a Veterinary Nurse, could include working within veterinary practice management, veterinary wholesale product sales, animal control, wildlife management, animal breeding, conservation or education (with additional training).