Physical, Activity and Wellbeing
Study for an exciting, active career. New Zealand is world-renowned for its sports, exercise, wellbeing and adventure industries. We’re proud to train some of the best and brightest professionals in this field.
- Dunedin or online with compulsory block courses
- 1 year full-time; part-time options
- Level 4
- Starts February and July* 2018 (*six-month, full-time option possible for those with the prerequisites)
- Apply - our Feb 2018 intake is full but we are now accepting applications for our July intake (Level 4 only)
If you don't have the academic entry requirements needed to enter one of our diploma- or degree-level healthcare programmes, then this is the perfect option! This bridging programme can help you meet the minimum academic criteria for application to the New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing (Level 5), New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage (Level 5), Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Midwifery, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Social Services and Bachelor of Applied Science. This year long programme is replacing the Certificate in Health (Level 4) from February, 2018. It consists of two separate Certificate qualifications - the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) and the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4). You will be enrolled in both of these qualifications at the beginning of the year.
- Wanaka or Methven
- 12 weeks (10 weeks online, 1 week practical and 1 week reflection/re-assessment if required)
- Level 5
- Starts 30 April 2018 (Wanaka option 1 - this intake is full); 9 July 2018 (Wanaka option 2); 11 June 2018 (Methven option)
- Apply until start date
If you love being in the mountains during winter and have a strong sense of responsibility, become a qualified snow safety professional through this programme.