What will I learn?
Technical knowledge and skills
- Manage work flows in an operational context to achieve team objectives
- Assess against agreed criteria and respond appropriately to achieve operational objectives.
- Motivate and involve a team to achieve the team’s objectives and contribute to the entity’s objectives
- Communicate to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Manage relationships within a team to sustain a productive workplace environment
- Promote an inclusive environment to value diversity for positive performance for the entity.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner in leading a team.
- Adapt leadership styles for effectiveness in different environments
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the entity.
- 40 credits at NCEA Level 1, including 10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits OR New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3).
All students (international and domestic) for whom English is not a first language:
- must demonstrate English Language skills with an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5.0 OR
- must provide acceptable alternative evidence of English language proficiency depending on the visa decline rate of the country you are from. See here for acceptable evidence and visa decline rates by country.
Please note: All scores must be achieved in a single test completed in the preceding two years. You cannot combine scores from multiple tests. If you have achieved NCEA Level 3 University Entrance you are not required to provide evidence of English Language skills.
If you need to improve your English, we offer a range of English language programmes.
Skills for tertiary study (including literacy and numeracy) may be acquired through study, work and/or life experience. Students who can demonstrate these skills may be approved for alternative entry. CPIT literacy and numeracy assessments are available.
Pathways into the programme
This qualification builds on from:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3)
|Course title||Level||Credits||Work hours|
|Team Management and Motivation||4||15||150|
|Achieving Team Objectives||4||15||150|
|Performance and Variance Management||4||15||150|
1. Effective Team Performance
To enable students to work cooperatively and effectively in a team and achieve objectives.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Work cooperatively and effectively
- Develop and contribute to achievement of objectives within an entity and teams
2. Team Management and Motivation
To enable students to manage and to motivate teams and team members to sustain a positive and productive workplace environment.
- Apply appropriate conflict resolution strategies to a conflict situation
- Describe and apply team motivational theory and strategies
- Describe and comply with internal policies and external requirements
3. Achieving Team Objectives
To enable students to promote an inclusive working environment and to assess against agreed criteria to achieve the entity's objectives.
- Participate actively in a team to achieve objectives
- Assess team objectives against operational objectives
- Develop positive workplace relationships by applying professional and ethical behaviour in a socially and culturally appropriate manner in leading a team
4. Performance and Variance Management
To enable students to effectively manage workflows and performance manage a team to respond to the achievement of operational objectives.
- Develop a plan of action in response to a variation
- Allocate, manage and evaluate workflows and resources to achieve team and individual objectives
- Describe, manage and apply performance management strategies
Further study options
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Māori Business and Management) (Level 6)
- other relevant industry qualifications.
Career opportunities for graduates
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to work as a first line manager with responsibility for the performance of others, in a business entity.
Student loans and allowances
Full-time domestic students of this programme are eligible for student loans and allowances (dependent on age and financial circumstances.) Please contact Studylink for additional information. Phone 0800 88 99 00 or visit: www.studylink.govt.nz
Recognition of prior learning
If you already have extensive knowledge and skills gained from practical experience in this area, enquire about our recognition of prior learning process at Capable NZ. You may have already gained credits towards this qualification in the course of your life. www.capablenz.ac.nz
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.