Graduates could progress to the New Zealand Certificate in Light Autmotive Engineering (Level 5) if they wished to continue studying or alternatively would be qualified to take on senior positions in an automotive workshop.
- A Level 3 qualification in Automotive Engineering (such as the New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 3) OR evidence of equivalent skills and knowledge.
- A Managed Apprentice must be employed in a light automotive engineering workshop.
International students for whom English is not a first language, who come from countries with a visa decline rate of more than 20%
- You must demonstrate English language skills with an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5.0, OR
- You must demonstrate a score from an internationally-recognised test equivalent to the required IELTS level.
- This score must come from one test taken in the preceding two years.
Domestic students for whom English is not a first language and international students from countries with a visa decline rate of less than 20%
- You must demonstrate English language skills with an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5.0.
- You can provide an NZQA-approved English proficiency test to do so.
You will study
|Effective Workplace Maintenance and Safety||4||15|
|High Risk Automotive Systems Safety||4||10|
|Fuel and Emissions Systems||4||10|
|Vehicle Safety Systems||4||15|
|Body Control Systems||4||15|
|Wheels and Tyres||4||15|
For more information
Please email ECLAdmin@op.ac.nz
Programme leader: Hamish Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org | 03 4796115
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Otago Polytechnic reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are indicative ONLY. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.